Position Title: Library Clerk
This is a part-time (9 hours/week) position split into three shifts and includes weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays. The wage is $15.00 per hour.
- Assisting library patrons, in-person and over the phone, to locate materials and place holds.
- Assisting library patrons in using public computers and library eResources.
- Receiving and processing books, maintaining the collection, and assisting with data entry.
- Opening and closing the library, maintaining the security of the library’s building, cash, and data.
- Other tasks that may be assigned by the Library Manager.
Education – high school diploma required
Physical – lifting library materials, reaching to shelve materials, pushing and pulling carts, frequent standing, walking, and bending.
Skills & Qualities – flexible attitude, attention to detail, ability to provide effective customer service, strong communication skills, effective time-management skills, ability to file alpha-numerically, basic Windows computer skills.
Please apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21, 2023.
*only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted